Monday, August 31, 2009

Dear Rain...

Dear Rain (headed toward MY Florida beach destination),

Myself and several others in my party, and friends not traveling with me, will be headed to Destin/Beaches of South Walton in the next few days. I understand the changing weather patterns and this incessant "need" for Hurricane season, but what you may not understand is how badly I need a relaxing vacation and a natural Florida sun tan. This has been a difficult year and the last time I went to the beach was in 2005, which was cut a few days short due to Hurricane Dennis.

Currently, the weatherchannel.com is projecting scattered thunderstorms until September 9th. Now, I am not usually one to ask someone to change their well-laid plans, but I thought I might go out on a limb and ask you to alter your path slightly and redirect your route toward Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina, if you must continue on your quest. I know that weather patterns are unpredictable and I was hoping to appeal to your adventurous side and suggest the scenic route instead of the current plan.

Myself, and several others, (including a bride and groom), would greatly appreciate your consideration of this request. I look forward to hearing of your trip, but I sincerely do not hope our paths cross in the near future. If, in fact, they must, be gentle during your visit and quick with your exit.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment