Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day

I cant believe its already April....April 1st to be exact....April Fools Day

Ive never successfully pulled a prank on this day...to my memory at least, but my memory is not the greatest....

I think some pranks are funny, I think others are not....one year, while attending OBU, a boyfriend IMed me and told me his dad (who happened to travel alot) had been on a plane and the plane had gone down and they had no contact with him. The airlines would not release any information and his mom was a total wreck...after about a 30 minute conversation about his father possibly being dead on this plane crash he said....APRIL FOOLS!!!

What a sick bastard! That wasnt funny

Maybe that is why I dont care for this "holiday" much....I do, however, enjoy a good joke or prank...so let me know about yours!!!

April 1st...one month away from Beale Street Music Festival (Memphis in May) and I am going!!! I am not sure who else is going with me, so I may be going alone....

April 1st is also a month and a half away from my graduation from UAMS (Remember...I will be Dr. Hall and eventually Dr. Homan)...

April is never an easy month for me...

April 16th was my great grandmother, Nonny's, bday (i was VERY close to her and she died my senior year...i still miss her)...I am named after her and I plan to name my first daughter after her.
April 16th is also the day my mother decided to leave my dad my freshmen year in college...we wont go into all that drama and baggage...
April 16th is also the day that Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people at Virginia Tech in 2007....the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in United States history, on or off a school campus.

April 27th is my paternal grandmother's birthday and April 28th is the day my paternal grandfather died...he held on to stay alive on her birthday and took his last breath early the next morning. I cant believe its been two years.

Sorry for the debbie downer blogging post...that was not my intention what so ever! I guess I just got on a roll when i started thinking about how much of a hard time I have in April.

April brings fun times too...My good friend Jourdan's bday AND the Arkansas Derby are April 11th....Easter is April 12th....Bradley and I's couple friends Nathan (Sausage) and Cassie are getting married April 18th...Andrea's bday is April 22nd....and Bradley and I are talking about getting married in April (of 2011)....

See, April brings happy times too!!!

I still dont have a job....and I havent heard back from the applications I sent out on March 7th...please please please keep praying for me if you are...and if you arent, add me to your list! Its hard to start a life with someone when you live FOREVER away, so now I am contemplating moving to Little Rock and waiting tables with my Doctorate degree...what a waste of education and student loans...blah.

Im gonna go eat some breakfast here at work since i forgot to buy milk....

Hope everyone has a GREAT April Fools Day and let me know if you got pranked!!!