Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend of Firsts

GOSH!!! Im such a blog-slacker these days...

Not a whole lot has been going on in my life....

Brad and I went to the Arkansas Derby, celebrated our friend Jourdan's bday, celebrated Easter w/ his family....all in one weekend!!! (Will update with pics eventually)

I have been twittering a little bit...i love it!!! My new twitt-obsession is SecretTweet....

You dont have to have a twitter account to read it....just go to SecretTweet.com....scandal!!!

Brad spent the weekend in Memphis...the last time we got to do this was when we went ring shopping in March....like March 20th or something like that....that is ALOT of travelling back and forth with no days to just sit and relax.

Brad and I are not big "party-ers"....we like to stay in with friends or go to dinner and then go back to someone's house....we arent bar people....not to say we werent in the past...but we arent now...BUT Friday night we were!!! LOL

Brad and I have NEVER been "out" like that with just the two of us. When Brad comes in town, we always like to eat somewhere different. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kooky Canuck (and if you come to visit me in Memphis, that is where I will take you to eat...GUARENTEED!!!)....but Friday we wanted to try somewhere new.

We headed down to Beale around 6:30 or 7 pm (clearly for dinner)....we ended up eating at Silky O'Sullivans....pretty good Irish pub/grill place with an AMAZING outdoor seating area that clearly is party-ready when the sun goes down and the people arrive at Beale....we ate dinner and decided to walk up and down Beale....this was the 3rd time ive been to Beale since ive lived in Memphis (9 months).

We went into a gift shop and piddled around there, watched some local people flip down the street for money, and just held hands and strolled up and down for a while. Brad found a cigar bar, so of course we ducked in there for some cigar-education and cigar purchasing (he really enjoyed what he bought)...while I sipped on my banana frozen concotion from Wet Willies...lol

Then, Brad wanted to know where Coyote Ugly was...I pointed it out and we headed there. Let me reiterate...we are boring and we dont EVER go out....

Next thing I know, Brad and I have approached Coyote Ugly...where we come to find out that ladies are free and so is MILITARY!!! On top of that...Military gets beers for 2 dollars...it was decided...we walked in, found a table and ordered some drinks.

Our waitress' name was Ashley. She was so sweet and so cute and we became friends!!! Brad and I had a blast, just sitting there, dancing and singing to the music in our chairs, and enjoying time together. You may think a loud bar with women dancing on the bar is not an ideal place to enjoy time with your honey....but this particular night it was. We just laughed and talked and I danced around and we sang to some GREAT songs at the top of our lungs....around 1:30 am we headed home...exhausted and SHOCKED that we both managed to stay awake until 1:30!!! We are usually in bed around 10 pm...lol

That was just Friday night! Saturday we did NOTHING and it was AMAZING....unfortunately, my air conditioning is OUT (and it was 80 degrees in Memphis)....
We sat on the couch, the windows open, and my small "Tornado" fan blowing on us...and we snuggled with our puppies and with eachother and just talked and laughed all day....until I drug him off the couch and we headed to Target.

On the way home from Target, we stopped and at at Dan McGuinness's (or something like that). Its right next to the "Wine Market" (which of course caught my eye) and down the say from Williams Sonoma outlet. The food was ok, but it was a new place to eat so we were happy!!! I even ate a burger with grilled onions and white cheddar cheese. No big deal to some people, but I dont think its a burger unless it has American cheese, lettuce and tomato on it!

All in all, it was a GREAT weekend with lots of firsts....the air conditioning is STILL out in my apartment (and ive already put in a service request AND called on Saturday to get it fixed)....

Brad doesnt have to work today, so he is currently at my apartment, still in bed...and he has big plans to watch golf all day until I get home after work!!!

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. So happy you two are happy!

    ReplyDelete