Monday, September 28, 2009

Goin' to the Chapel....

Well, it is official....WE GOT OUR CHURCH!!!!

As you may know, we were hesitant about having to wait a whole year (and some weeks) to get married....but that was only because we are just ready to Mr. and Mrs. and begin our lives together.....but I met with the church last Thursday afternoon, and I now have a peace about it. Brad also is pleased with the church and seems to be excited to be having our ceremony there.

We are going to be married at Fellowship Bible Church....which is what I consider my "home" church. It is where I went as a child up until I left for college and I have returned a few times, but have not gotten truly plugged back in for various reasons.

They are a HUGE (literally, HUGE) non-denominational church now located off of Rahling Road. They are one of those big, overwhelming churches that has a HUGE sanctuary that would NEVER be feasible to get married in....but since they have relocated in the past few years, they built a chapel that is used for Deaf Ministry on Sunday mornings and also doubles as a Wedding Chapel on Saturday evenings...

It has a high ceiling with wooden beams, a stage and plenty of seating (400+)....I wish I had taken pictures so I could post them....

So...it is now official.....OCTOBER 16th, 2010 will be the greatest day of my life....I will be marrying my best friend and the type of man I NEVER thought I deserved to be with...

For several years, I have always said I wanted a man named Popeye to do my videography at my wedding....I have known him for several years (through RimRockers, his daugther-in-law was one of my pledge sisters, and he is an acquaintance of my dad)....and I emailed him this past week and HE IS AVAILABLE ON OCTOBER 16th!!!!! It is all coming together and I am so pumped....

Once my BIG details are taken care of, then it will be time to worry about the little ones, and those are the ones I tend to stress about....oh well, take it all in stride and they are just little details.

I really want to enjoy my engagement and wedding planning and try to avoid any and all drama that could break out....i know that is wishful thinking, but drama is only dramatic if you make it that way....otherwise, it is just an issue to deal with!!!

The current check list is as follows....
Reception site (check)
Ceremony site (check)
Pastor (check....if scheduling permits)
Videographer (check)

I have to brag on my fiance for one minute....he is more attentive about this wedding planning experience than I EVER expected....He asks me how meetings went, he wants to know what they told me or what thier answers were to our questions.....He also will sit with me and flip through our planning book and occasionally asks questions. I am very impressed....I am also not naive....I KNOW he doesnt care what our color scheme is, or what the bridesmaids dresses look like....but he will sit and listen to me talk about those things, and then will put in his opinion about other things. I am so lucky!!!

That is all the updates I have about the wedding planning....STAY TUNED!!!

4 comments:

  1. My brother got married in that wedding chapel at fellowship. It's very pretty. You could look at their pics to see what an actual wedding looks like in there. Also popeye did their video! Good luck with the rest of the planning. It will go by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I just put it in my calendar! so glad you have an official date! The rest is all so easy once you pick a date! Let me know if you need help! I'll be glad to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like everything is coming together so well, that is awesome!!! You are gonna have one beautiful day! Hope you have a great week! = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exciting news. Now that it's official, I'm going to put this date in the calendar!

    ReplyDelete