Monday, May 18, 2009

How long have you been graduated?

This JUST happened and I am too excited not to share it IMMEDIATELY!!!

As you know, I graduated this past weekend....I am officially a Doctor of Audiology....therefore I have been SUPER pumped about finally getting to introduce myself to my patients at "Dr. Hall". Ive been practicing it in my head!

I called back my first patient this morning, took him to the ear wash room, and introduced myself...."Good Morning Mr. So-and-So. I am Doctor Hall and I will be working with you this morning".....we continued with our conversation about his hearing, etc...I had butterflies in my stomach after finally getting to say it!

When I took him back to the testing booth, I was placing the ear tips in his ears, and he asked me..."How long have you been graduated?"

I responded...."That is a funny question, I just graduated on Saturday!"

He congratulated me and said he was happy to be my first patient as an official doctor. At the end of the appointment, he told me I did a great job and he was glad to have me at the VA hospital....It was an all together positive first experience!!!!

I also got to sign my first audiogram "Whitney Hall, Au.D."

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Just had to share!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment