Thursday, May 21, 2009

KICK AWESOME


After months of devoting my life (okay, maybe just tuesday and wednesday evenings) to American Idol...it is over.

I have NEVER watched a season of American Idol before....not even the first one when Kelly Clarkson won....but this year was different...

There was an Arkansan in the top 13 and that, for one, was exciting to me. Not only was he a local musician who I have heard play on occasion, he also became one of the best representatives for this state I have ever known of.

Honest, humble, kind, genuine, I could go on and on and on....but after YEARS of our state having the reputation for "inbreeding", "going without shoes", Bill Clinton, Houston Nutt....etc etc....it is our time to show that not only do we have talent, we have charm (and the uncanny ability to produce 38 million votes in one night when there are only 3 million Arkansans)

I jokingly made the comment that Houston Nutt single handedly tore our state apart and Kris Allen single handedly has brought us back together...in a state where your "professional team" is the Arkansas Razorbacks...you learn to become a unified force....and Arkansans love Arkansans...

I will admit, I have only contributed to the voting the past 3 weeks....but I will also brag (or hang my head in shame) that tuesday night I managed to muster up 1330 votes for our one and only Kris Allen.

Not only does he have the talent, he has the charisma, and I do not feel that America could have made a better decision.

He has the most precious wife that I dont think he has gotten to touch since all the Idol madness has started....here is a picture of them right after he won last night!!!
Way to go Kris!!!! Arkansas is proud of you!!! Thank you for giving to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment