Monday, February 9, 2009

Crisis Averted

Well, CRAP! I meant to keep my countdown going everyday...and then i got busy with REAL life and forgot to update it...so now i have to subtract the days i have lived and update the countdown now...

96 days until graduation
208 days until Florida...

WHEW....crisis averted.

So, how is everyone this beautiful Monday?

I feel like the minutes this morning are passing very slowing...or maybe my clock is wrong...but I was sitting here, blog stalking, and thought to myself "surely, its time to start work" and when i looked at the clock, i was shocked that its only about 7:40 am....i was for sure it was well after 8 am.....

Maybe i got to work too early.....I had to after all...the VAPs are out and on the prowl for illegal parkers....and yes, I am one! (For those of you who are unfamiliar...VAPs is a term I have created for the VA Police....)

During orientation they came to talk to us and made the point several times "We are not Rent-A-Cops, we are federal policemen"...and I am not kidding, SEVERAL TIMES!!! I am not sure who they are trying to convince, me or themselves....

So, the VAPs are out making sure that no one is parking in the employee lot that isn't supposed to, and since I am a low person on the totem pole, I am not supposed to but still continue to (of course, rules done apply to me!)

I had to 007 my way to a parking spot and then avoid eye contact or physical contact with any of the VAPs who are kicking it in the parking lot patrolling.....

Another crisis averted....although, I feel confident I will have a ticket on my car this coming afternoon...

i spent the weekend in Jackson, Miss with my friend Lauren Hardy.... I am not much of a traveler, but she had an extra bed and Bradley was at drill, so I took the opportunity to be a good friend and headed down to see her and Eric Marks for the weekend...

It was fun to sit and reminise about OBU, Wilson Street, Eric sliding down the stairs in boxes, the Ten Commandments, when Eric was the reason we caught Jake cheating on Alicia with Keeley (lol)....oh those were some of the happy memories...i think one day i may blog about my OBU memories...back to the weekend

I needed a weekend to remind myself why I don't like going out....and when I woke up Saturday morning at 9:30 am with less than 5 hours of sleep under my belt and a HORRIBLE, THROBBING headache...i wasn't reminded of why I don't like going out...i was reminded of why I don't take shots....and I had only had one....seriously, only one! I didnt hate going out...it was fun!

I took a shower and some Advil and we enjoyed the rest of the day.....

Crisis number 3...averted....

Well, time to get focused on the day ahead....

Saving the world, one ear at a time!

2 comments:

  1. haha. you crack me up. The memory of Eric slidding down the stairs is priceless! Glad you had fun! Lauren and I had fun while her man was at drill, too. :) Although no shots were taken by me this weekend, we still had a BLAST! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I canNOT believe you took a shot! I am proud...I think :)

    ReplyDelete