Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras...Lent...my dilema

81 days until graduation

193 days until FLORIDA!!!!

I am not Catholic

I am not French, Louisianian, or Cajun

I do like a good party and I do like a good reason to give up something bad for me.

I have only been to a Mardi Gras celebration once...my senior year in high school, my girlfriends and I went down to Galveston Tx for the weekend...it was fun!

Ive been on Bourbon a few times...one random summer weekend, New Years, etc....but never Bourbon for Mardi Gras...i plan on going next year (it will be interesting to check this post in a year to see if I actually went)

Im applying for a job in New Orleans, so if I live there, surely I will go to Mardi Gras...isnt the whole city shut down anyway?

Back to my post topic....giving up something bad for me...

I was thinking this morning about what I want to give up for Lent...(reminder, i am not Catholic)

I like to try to see if I can give up something until Easter...my record so far is Lent:25 Whit:0
I always end up forgetting or just giving up (see the lack of religious backing?)

I thought about giving up Soda...but I already dont drink soda, so that is pointless

What about chocolate...i dont eat that much chocolate either...or cake, cookies, etc.

Fried foods....but why should I suffer from French Fry withdrawls when I eat them MAYBE once a week as it is?

Wine?....ok, moving on...lets be serious here people

I thought about giving up being lazy...but I have already started working out, so that doesnt apply to me either.

I would love to say I would give up spending money on frivilous things...but since moving to Memphis, I have already done that because I dont like leaving my apartment after dark and I am at work during the hours of light....so there is no more fun spending in my life.

I just dont know what I should give up....Any suggestions?

1 comment: