Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines/One Year Together

89 Days until graduation

201 Days until Florida Vacation....

Now...let me update you all on my AMAZING Valentines/Anniversary weekend with Bradley...

Brad had Friday off, so whenever he woke up and got ready, he headed here. I was planning on taking an hour early off of work so we could just be together sooner. While I was at work...our clerk came and found me, she told me that she had something for me....I was afraid of what it may be b/c you NEVER know what the Veterans will be mad about....When I came out in the hallway...

I HAD GOTTEN FLOWERS FROM MY LOVE BUG!!! HE COMPLETELY SURPRISED ME!!!

In some unrelated news, while I was at work, my bra broke...yes, it was embarrassing and surprisingly freeing...lol....none-the-less I needed to go shopping for new bras....so after work Brad and I headed to Wolfchase Galleria on Germantown Parkway.....after some unsuccessful shopping...Brad and I decided to eat dinner at Joes Crab Shack.....not for any special occasion, just because we have been wanting to eat there for some time, and Brad has never eaten there.

Our super yummy Calamari appetizer!!!Bradley in his Bib...ready to eat his crab legs!!!I wore a bib too!!!!

After dinner (and some really yummy drinks) we headed back to my apartment to snuggle and spend time with our babies (Reagan and Patton)!!!

On Valentine's Day...we spent the day hanging out and doing some more shopping...today we skipped on the bra shopping and went for my other dreaded clothing item...JEANS....

Needless to say, i didnt find jeans that I liked....but we did hit up the Chili's Happy Hour (2 for 1 drinks at Chilis in Memphis) and then TARGET!!!! My motto is "If its not at Target, then I dont need it"...while at Target, I bought the movie "W"...I am not the type of person who buys movies, but Anne is in that movie and I knew it would be something I wanted to have and keep forever.


We headed home to just kick back and relax because we were not going to be going out that night (that was saved for the next day)....On our way home, we decided to order out some Pei Wei, watch "W", and then open our gifts to each other after dinner. The dinner was yummy, the movie was good, and our gifts were so sweet and thought out.

I bought Bradley a 12 month membership to the "Beer of the Month Club"...he didnt see it coming and he LOVED IT....look at his sweet little face....


And here he is with his present...Bradley got me something that I NEVER expected....a BEAUTIFUL diamond necklace....now, I am not much a jewelry person but that is because I dont have alot of "nice" jewelry....but now I do, and they arent kidding when they say that "Diamonds are a girl's best friend"...Here is a picture of it....I look horrible, so dont focus on my face...

I am so proud of my necklace that I really have to show it off...this is a better picture of it...I am such a lucky girl to have such an AMAZING man!!!

After dinner and gifts, i fell asleep (like I always do) on the couch and then Brad had to wake me up and get me to get ready for bed while he got the puppies ready for bed and got the bed unmade...he is so sweet....

The next morning, Feb 15th, is our 1 year anniversary....i cant believe its been a whole year...its amazing how much has changed in a year and how far we have come....wow

We lounged around ALL DAY...and then got ready for dinner...Bradley wouldnt tell me where we were eating because he wanted to surprise me...but like I mentioned in an earlier blog, it was a fancy place where Brad was going to have to wear black pants....

Of course when I started to get ready...i had an emotional break down b/c i had "nothing to wear"....seriously?!?!?! Have you people seen my closet?? LOL

I finally chose a plain black dress and we were off....but not before we took some pictures with the self timer...(see my necklace???)

And then I stole a kiss....
We were lucky to find a parking spot right across the road from the restaurant...b/c parking in Memphis is crazy and walking in the dark in Memphis is dangerous....Here we are about to go into the restaurant...

Brad had made reservations at a very nice restaurant next to the Madison Hotel...it is called Grill 83 and it was SO amazingly good.....He had the famous "on the bone" 22 oz Filet, it was the BEST steak either of us have ever had....i got the "Ashley Farms Chicken" and Brad chose desert...some AMAZING Milk Chocolate something with Port infused cherries....WE WERE STUFFED WHEN WE LEFT THE RESTAURANT...

Sorry my post was so stinking long, but alot happened and when I look back on this post in the future, I dont want to forget a thing!!!

I hope all of your weekends were special to you too!!!

I WANT TO WISH ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! JESSICA ARTHUR...I DONT KNOW WHERE I WOULD BE WITH OUT YOU BUT I DO KNOW THE JOURNEY THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AS FUN OR MEANT AS MUCH TO ME...I LOVE YOU ASSICA JARTHUR...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

-W

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great boyfriend!!! Congrats on a year together and it sounds like ya'll had a great weekend!!! I love that necklace. He is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete