Monday, March 23, 2009

Bling Bling

Spring is here!!! I have planted some flowers (that I am anxiously awaiting thier blooming), the weather is warmer, and I am making BIG mental plans to take off work every other monday so i can spend two consecutive days on the lake when the lake becomes swimmable...

Bradley and I had a big weekend. He came in on Friday night (he even got off work early) and we went to eat at Bosco's...we both got the Palermo pizza (each got thier own...Bradley does NOT share entree food) and split spinach and artichoke dip...YUMMY!!!!

Saturday morning we woke up, lounged around, watched some basketball, got dressed and headed to the mall for the sole purpose of looking at rings...YES, ENGAGEMENT RINGS!!!

I am not the marriage type, so this really freaked me out, but it was super fun to go into all of those stores and look at all the different rings, finally try on the ones I have been eyeing online, and see all the sparklies on my finger....but after awhile, they all started to look alike....and Bradley and I were both exhausted; physically and mentally.

Bradley and I have differing views of what an engagement ring is....lol, but I guess its ultimately up to him, and whatever he chooses, will be the most perfect ring on the face of the earth...so when it comes down to it, I really am not that picky.

I like more of the antique style (the sparklier the better) but he is a more traditional kind of guy with the solitaire princess cut. We are working on a compromise, but like I said, whatever he chooses will be perfect. He completely surprised me with my Valentine's day necklace and he did wonderful selecting that!

I guess some couples dont go ring shopping and some do. "To each his own" is how i feel about it. Bradley is the one who initiated going to look at rings therefore I dont feel bad or shallow for going to look. He is the one with the ultimate decision, but he wanted to get a better idea of what I wanted since I will be wearing it....and that shows me right there that he knows me inside and out...which is what I want in a husband (among other things).

(The rings in this blog are NOT the rings that we looked at...I repeat, NOT the rings we looked at...although the one directly above would not hurt my feelings...lol)

All in All...it was a fabulous day that ended with us making home made pizza (one of our favorite meals to make together) and renting a movie. We are both overwhelmed with diamonds, cuts, clarity, color, styles, etc...but I am also glad that I dont have to choose! I had a panic attack, yes, during which I was telling him I dont need a ring, I know I love him, and I dont need a big diamond to prove that...he is insisting on a ring though. This was the first time we have looked and my head is swimming...it will all work out in the end...and there are bigger problems in the world (and in my life) than this....like filing my taxes (add that to the list of "to dos")

Sunday is one of my favorite days with Bradley, especially the Sundays when we get to do NOTHING. Usually, when I am home for the weekend, we have to drive back to Memphis, but since we spent the weekend in Memphis, we did NOTHING but go to Bass Pro Shop, where we spent 2+ hours looking at bait and rods and whatever else...I looked in the cooking section and ended up with some amazing black bean and corn salsa and some grilling sauce for steaks, burgers, fish, etc....

My bracket is doing well. I am beating Bradley in our facebook pool and I am tied with him on ESPN...whoop whoop...

Gotta start working in a minute. Still have not heard from any of my job applications....oh well, continue to pray!

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment