Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bradley's Big Bday Weekend (Recap)

March 7th is a VERY important day to me...it is my dad's birthday and my boyfriends birthday...My dad spent the weekend in Hot Springs (which is rare for him to be home during March Madness) so I decided to do something special for Brad's bday.

Here is the recap of Bradley's Bday weekend...

On Friday night, Bradley had to work (and then he had drill all day Saturday and Sunday)...I knew he would be getting off work LATE Friday, so when I went by the apartment to pick up Patton, I also decorated to surprise him....
He was really surprised when he got home! I feel bad b/c since we don't live together, he is going to have to clean up all decorations by himself....


That was not the only surprise I had planned for the weekend. I had told Bradley that I would make reservations somewhere we hadnt eaten and I would take care of all the plans....I asked everyone to be at Creegans in NLR between 6 and 6:30....Brad and I would arrive between 6:45 and 7....We arrived around 7:05 (ish)
Below is a picture that Cara Beth took of us when we first walked in....

Brad was so excited and surprised....he has never celebrated a bday quite like this!!!

Earlier that day, I had dropped some balloons off at the Buie home so they would be at the party when Brad and I arrived (and then when I was leaving, I got in a minor wreck in the parking lot). Here are the balloons and the birthday "beer" cake for Brad!

Here is a close up picture of his cake....Yes, the whole thing was cake, even the beer mug...and it was delicious....a close friend of Brad and I's, Mrs Verdell, makes these cakes....

Brad was so excited and surprised. Earlier in the week, Brad had picked up the list of names that said "Creegans" on the top and I caught him reading it. It all happened so fast that I didnt know how long he had been sitting there and it all happened so fast that he SWEARS he had no idea what was even written on that paper....whew!!!
I had alot of fun planning and getting ready for the party (even though I did stress out a tiny bit)...I love Bradley and making him feel special is something I love doing! I am lucky to have found a man like him and I do my best to show him that as much as possible.


Cara Beth and I have been friends for years and in the past year she has introduced me to another friend of her's...Brittany Horne and her husband Clint....Brittany, Clint, Cara Beth, and Brent have really made Brad and I feel very welcome and Brad has become friends with Brent and Clint OUTSIDE of the girls hanging out....I had asked the Buies and the Hornes to be at Creegans AT 6 to help direct everyone in the right direction and make sure the room was secured for us! (Britt and CB with Brad)


Everyone was SO GREAT about getting there on time and calming me down throughout the day...this is how serious I was about the group being there AT 6...lol



I am a big believer in my friends being friends with my boyfriend and I am so lucky to have a group of friends who welcomed my boyfriend with open arms and even attended his surprise bday party...(Jessie is not pictured below b/c she is a selfless woman who was babysitting for free for a friend who needed an angel)
Below is a picture of myself with Stephanie (one of my greatest friends and Brad's best friends wife) and Jourdan and some of Jourdan's friends....it was great to see all the people who came out to celebrate Bradley's life!
Some of Brad's "unit" buddies showed up for the surprise...as well as his best friend Jordan and some of our couple friends. Brad was so shocked to see all of the faces of people from the different groups that make up his life....his best friends, his work friends, our couple friends, my friends, etc....he had a great time bringing them all together for fun!
We were both shocked (and very appreciative) that Bradley received a birthday card and gift...which was from the Buie's. Since becoming friends with the Hornes and Buie's...Bradley has become more interested in cigars....so Brent got him a cutter/puncher thingie...look at the happiness in his face!
Brad was kissing it because he was so excited....lol....i didnt know until right then, but he didnt have one and you need one of those to smoke a cigar!!!
Toward the end of the night, things were winding down and people were heading home...and I got to head home with the most amazing man I know (next to my daddy)....I love you Bradley and I am glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good girlfriend! I'm not sure I ever did a birthday that big for Luke. I LOVE Creegans!! Luke and I have made it a tradition that we go there before concerts. It's a neat place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm so glad it went down as well as it did...except for the car wreck in our parking lot. I think our lot is just bad luck. Anyway, we had a blast at his party!

    ReplyDelete